Friday, August 26, 2016

The Plunger and the Toilet Brush

The Plunger and the Toilet Brush

(with apologies to Edward Lear)

The plunger and the toilet brush stood beside
A beautiful porcelain throne.
Though they rarely were used
They felt scorned and abused,
Their laments, an unbearable drone.

They complained of the bowl
Til the toilet paper roll
Gave response to their miserable plea,
"Stop being so whiny!
I have to wipe hindy!
You will not get pity from me,
From me,
From me,
No, you will not get pity from me."

Plunger said to the brush
"Before the next flush
I've an idea of what we must do.
Run away and be free!"
And the brush said, "Suits me,
for my bristles are smelly from poo!"

So they both sailed away
For a week and a day
Til they came to a tropical strand.
Any humans around
Used a hole in the ground
And then buried their feces in sand,
In sand,
In sand,
Yes, they buried their feces in sand.

As the weeks passed them by
Plunger said with a sigh,
"My convictions have taken a turn.
Though this island's a beauty
I still yearn for our duty
Of cleaning up doody and urine."

So they set off again
With a sail in the wind
Through the ocean and inlet and bay.
Going back to their home
By the porcelain throne
Where the two of them stand to this day,
This day,
This day,
Where the two of them stand to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment